Friday, January 6, 2012

Praise Reports

Following prayers, sometimes - though not often - I get praise reports. These are when someone reveals how a prayer was answered.
 Usually this is from some pastor who has requested prayers for another; sometimes by the person privately.
 Even the rare times I "feel" which way a prayer will be answered, there is always doubt in my mind. Thus I will say nothing to the person other than " I am praying for you."
When I first received a praise report where they called it "praise report." I had a jumble of emotions. First, I was glad; it was good news. Then I racked my mind to see if it matched the "feeling" I may have had when I prayed for that particular request. Honestly, I could not remember.
Then part of me argued boastfully, "I do not need to see these praise reports. If God wants me to know, I know. I know God hears all my prayers; that is sufficient!"
But another part of me - a part that was being more honest than boastful - quietly countered this. "No. I do need them. There is still a great deal of doubt in me. I need these praise reports as witnesses. I need some confirmation for the part of me that deals in THIS life existence to see. I need witnesses to testify that God does hear and answers prayers."
.

It is a bitter pill for the pride in me to swallow, but it is the plain truth.
It's a part of being human.
-ESA

No comments:

Post a Comment