Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolution

I made one New Year's resolution many years ago that I've been able to keep - just one. That was to make no more New Year's resolutions.

.

Does that mean there is nothing about me that I intend to change?

.

Do I not want to loose the extra weight I carry around? Do I not want to become a better person? Do I not want to strive to do more to help my fellow human being in this world?

.

Of course not!

.

I just no longer wait until one particular day each year to try to change something about myself in a positive way.

.

No one knows with 100% accuracy what will happen tomorrow. We can plan, certainly. We can schedule. But none of us "KNOWS" what tomorrow will bring - or even the next hour. So if I truly wish to make a change in myself, I have the moment right in my hands. This very moment, today!

.

Now.

.

Each day, each moment brings us a fresh new opportunity as pristine as the moment that occurred at midnight local time on New Year's Day. Why wait until the turning of the calendar to allow myself that opportunity and let all the others slip by?

Carpe Diem
Seize the Day
Seize the Moment

-ESA

 HAPPY NEW YEAR!


No comments:

Post a Comment